The new SHPE Fiscal year has started, and with it, a new executive board for SHPE South Florida have taken office! We would like to introduce you to each and every one of our e-board members. This week the turn is for our #SHPESOFL #Secretary so you can get to know her a little bit better!
1) Where are you originally from and where are you located now? Born and raised in #Miami, created by #Colombian parents.
2) What was your major in college? Associates in #Computer Science, Bachelors in Information Systems #security.
3) How many years of experience do you have? 36 years of #life experience
4) How long have you been a SHPE member? 4 years
5) Where do you work? The #Boeing Company
6) Why did you join SHPE? What does it mean to you? I originally joined #SHPE when it was introduced to me by a fellow colleague and #mentor. She was revamping the South Florida Chapter and needed help. She told me about the organization and all the great things that they #accomplish. So i decided to join and help with what i could. Since then I have been a part of SHPE and hope to continue to do what i can to #help our #members.
7) What inspires you? #Humanity inspires me. Helping people and seeing how you can #affect their lives with just a #simple gesture.
8) What are your hobbies? Reading, #volunteering, traveling when I can, working out and catching up on sleep 🙂
9) A book you recommend? Many lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss.
10) An advice for fellow professionals or favorite saying? One person #can make a #difference, and everyone should try - JFK